Start your weekend morning in a tasty way. Omelettes, a comforting food that are easy to prepare and everyone’s favourite. It can be made more interesting by adding healthy stuffing into it.
A large heavy omelette loaded with veggies also makes a great meal for the family.
Loaded with good amount of nutrients like protein, iron and vitamins, spinach pepper omelette can make an amazing breakfast and can be served alone, with chapatti or multigrain bread.
Spinach is a good source of phytochemicals called lutein and zeaxantshin. This healthy green vegetable is loaded with beneficial nutrients such as folate, iron, and vitamins A and C, all of which may promote hair growth.
Eggs are a great source of protein and biotin- these two nutrients help promotes hair growth. Biotin is essential for production of an important protein for hair called keratin.
- 2 egg whites
- 30 grams coarsely chopped spinach
- 1 chopped tomato
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of crushed black pepper
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Nutrition Info
- 123 Kcal
- 5 grams
- 7.2 grams
- 3.8 grams
- Beat the eggs, add two teaspoon water and blend.
- In a pan, put ½ teaspoon of canola oil and heat over a medium flame.
- Add spinach and tomato and sauté it for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Add salt and egg mixture to the same skillet.
- Tilt and lift as the egg mixture starts to cook.
- Gently lift edges of omelette with a spatula, and tilt pan so that the uncooked egg mixture flows underneath, cooking until almost set, for about 1 minute.
- Flip it off to another side and add ½ teaspoon of oil, if required.
- Sprinkle some crushed black pepper. Fold and slide the cooked omelette onto a serving plate.
- Serve with toast and fresh fruit.
Over to you
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it can be made healthy by including omelette in it. Spinach and eggs provide many of the nutrients you need, so having this combo for breakfast gives you a nutritious start to your day, and may provide you with several health benefits, especially to hair. You can add in other favourite veggies of yours like mushroom and more to make it yummier!