The fasting season can be boring and unhealthy with heavy and fried food. To serve you with healthiness and make your cravings satisfied we have this fermented dhokla made with
samwat chawal (special rice used during the festival of Navratri). Enjoy this Navratri fasting dish and you could not resist yourself to make it on another occasion!
Samwat Chawal is a good source of getting proteins, vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, folate and magnesium. Plain yogurt used in this recipe has probiotics and it is rich in calcium, vitamins and magnesium that aids in keeping bones health up to the mark.
- 30 grams samwat ke chawal
- 1/5 cup sour yogurt
- 2 whole dry red peppers
- Sendha namak (rock salt) (as per the taste)
- 6-7 curry leaves
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds
- ¼ tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 green chillies paste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon grated coconut and fresh coriander each
Calories: 143 Kcal
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 14.6 grams
Fats: 8.5 grams
- Roast the rice in a pan very lightly but don’t let it turn into brown.
- Prepare the batter by mixing rice, rock salt, chilli paste, ginger paste and yogurt.
- Leave the mixture to ferment overnight. It should become a bit spongy.
- Grease a tin with little ghee and transfer the batter into it.
- Place the tin into the steamer and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Test if it is done and then let it cool.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin, red pepper and curry leaves. Now pour it over the dhokla.
- Cut the dhokla into serving pieces and garnish it with the coriander and coconut.
Over to you
Enjoy your day with this healthy food and make your Navratri days happy, yummy and healthy. We wish you all a Happy and Healthy Navratri.