Roasted pumpkin soup is light and nutritious- gets ready easily without any hassle! So, just make this soup and enjoy its warmth and flavour.
Pumpkins contain high level of beta-carotene which is an important antioxidant. It gets converted into vitamin A by the body and helps to prevent degenerative disease along with helping in eyesight, better skin and nails.
- 50 gram butternut squash
- 20 gram chopped onion
- 1-2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 150 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric
- 15gm plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs like parsley and thyme
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Nutrition Info
- 85 kcal
- 8.4 grams
- 1.2 grams
- 5.7 grams
Recommended For: Eyesight and skin
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius. Prepare 2 baking trays with baking sheet. Coarsely chop the pumpkin, including the seeds and skin. Now, spread the pieces on the prepared trays.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until Pumpkin is tender and lightly brown in colour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium flame, add the onions and cook while stirring until slightly softened. Then, add the garlic and cook while stirring until aromatic.
- Now, add cooked pumpkin from the tray to the pan. Add the stock and bring it to a simmer over medium-low flame. Simmer for 15 minutes then stir in the ginger and turmeric.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Cool slightly then puree it in a blender until smooth. Add water if required to adjust the consistency.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve with a spoonful of plain yogurt and dash of herbs.
Over to you
Pumpkin is a wonder ingredient that can be transformed to array of delectable dishes, which are tasty and nutritious at one go. Try this one and let us know about the dish in comment section below.