Got bored of pouring milk into cornflakes and muesli bowls every day? This incredible porridge recipe will make your day more happening. This healthy breakfast option is always finger-licking good. Mildly flavoured with cumin seeds, light on the stomach and comforting to taste buds is how we can define rice porridge. It is not only what your nani or dadi recommends but it is something you can have even when you are tired or unwell.
Ginger has beneficial compounds like gingerols and beta carotene which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Chicken is rich in proteins and B vitamins- useful for preventing cataracts and skin disorders, boosting immunity, eliminating weakness, regulating digestion, and improving the nervous system. Salmon is rich in long-chain omega-3 fatty acids which is evident to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and lowers blood pressure. This creamy textured avocado helps protect against cancer and depression.
- 80 grams of chicken
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ bunch thinly sliced spring onion
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ peeled and thinly sliced ginger
- ½ cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Nutrition Info
- 250 kcal
- 15.6 grams
- 18.9 grams
- 12.2 grams
Recommended For: Anemia and heart diseases
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium to high flame.
- Add garlic and white parts of spring onion and cook until fragrant, for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, chicken, ginger, and 5 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender and the chicken is falling off the bone, about after an hour.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and let it cool slightly.
- Pull the chicken off the bones, discarding the skin and bones.
- Strain the stock, discarding solids.
- You should have 3 to 4 cups of stock; place it with the rice in a large pan over a high flame.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the rice is creamy and overcooked, about 25–30 minutes.
- Add reserved chicken and the fish sauce and stir while combining. Garnish with spring onion.
Over to you
This porridge is quick to digest and fuels the body healthfully. Feel free to include this tempting yet healthy recipe in your breakfast options. Give a perfect start to your Sunday mornings. Breakfast being the most important meal of the day should be super healthy. While this is one of that creative recipe and a variety which your family would love to enjoy this season.