Winters are all about something hot and delicious and, a bowl of warm soup, in winters are great mood-boosting food, apart from being healthy. So, this Rice Noodles Soup is great for last minute meal.
Rice noodles are low in fat and gluten-free. Carrots contain vitamin A, fibre, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. Mushrooms are packed with nutritional value. They are high in antioxidants, selenium and vitamin D.
- 1 Cup Chicken broth/Water
- 20 grams of rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 20 grams onion, chopped
- 20 grams mushroom
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 20 grams carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 grams cup peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 97.5 kcal
- 9.6 grams
- 2.34 grams
- 5.3 grams
- Over medium heat, heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add chopped celery and carrot and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until soft. Add seasoning. Pour half the chicken broth/water and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add rest of broth. Before serving, add the peas and stir.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in another large pan. Remove from heat, add rice noodles and let sit for 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Add broth into serving bowls and add desired amount of cooked rice noodles.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Over to you
This soup is one of those meals that will warm you to your toes, without being too heavy.