A rich color dessert is a perfect healthful choice for Indian festivals. The sheera is prepared with one of the nutritious grains called ragi and is flavored with cardamom and hence, is a perfect way to satisfy sweet tooth cravings.
Ragi is a rich source of fiber and also helps lower the cholesterol level. It is one of the best healthy foods for weight control and diabetes. Jaggery helps aid in digestion, helps flushing out the toxins from the body and is also loaded with antioxidants and minerals.
- 20 grams ragi flour
- 1 teaspoon jaggery powder
- 5 grams chopped almonds
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Nutrition Info
- 163 kcal
- 19.7 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 8.3 grams
Recommendation: Weight loss
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add ragi flour to it. Sauté it for a few minutes or till it is slightly roasted.
- Add hot water to it and mix it well using a whisk so that there are no lumps.
- Cook it on a medium flame and stir continuously.
- Flavor it with a cardamom powder and jaggery powder and mix well.
- Serve hot immediately.
Over to you
Sweets can indeed be healthy and ragi sheera is one of them. Try the recipe for this diwali celebration and for other occasions as well. Switch to healthier version for desserts!