Get ready to have a yummy-tummy dish named Pashtooni Zarda Pulao. It is full of nutrients, easy to make and gets prepared in just 30 minutes. So, try this recipe and satiate your taste buds. Enjoy this appetising and nourishing pulao!
Rice is a great source of carbohydrates that provide abundance energy with a pack of vitamin B that is required for proper body metabolism and nervous functioning. They are also composed of micronutrients like magnesium and manganese that regulates proper digestion of protein and helps the body to utilize a number of vitamins in the body.
- 30 grams basmati rice
- 0.5 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon jaggery powder
- 1 small cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 30 millilitres of cow’s milk
- ½ teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon mixed dry fruits
- Nutrition Info
- 137 kcal
- 18.4 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 5.9 grams
Recommended for: Brain health
- Soak rice for ½ an hour.
- Mix milk, saffron strands, rose water and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat one cup of water in a pan. When water gets boiled, add soaked rice into it without water.
- Cook the rice till they get almost cooked.
- Strain the water and add half teaspoon of ghee.
- Heat half teaspoon of ghee in a pan.
- Add dry fruits and stir them till a golden brown colour is appeared.
- Add whole spices and sauté them for a minute.
- Add milk mixture into it and boil it.
- Add the boiled rice into the mixture and cook them for another 15 minutes with cover.
- Turn off the stove and let the rice covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir them with a ladle and serve hot.
Over to you
Pulao is itself a complete meal but you can have it with green chutney to enhance the flavour. Diwali special pashtooni zarda pulao is loaded with nutrition. So, don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives.