This quick fish stir fry recipe of freshly ground fennel seeds and pepper corn will make you fall in love with its subtle flavour.
The curry leaves, green chilli and garam masala add extra crunch to this recipe. An altogether different version of the desi fish fry is worth giving a try at least once!
Fish contains high-quality protein, iodine, and various vitamins and minerals. Fatty varieties of fish also contain Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. Omega-3 fatty acids are highly beneficial in brain development. It delays ageing and boosts brain health. Also, it helps in improving the memory-related functions of the brain.
- 100 grams salmon fish, cut into desired shape
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper corns
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 green chilli
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 sprigs cilantro
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- Nutrition Info
- 183 Kcal
- 4.3 grams
- 15.8 grams
- 11 grams
- In a big bowl, add all the ingredients which are required for marinating and mix well. Add the fish to this mixture and let the fish marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Add fennel seeds and the peppercorns to a grinder and grind it to get a powder-like consistency.
- Take a pan, and heat oil in it, add the ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw aroma fades away.
- Add the marinated fish pieces to the pan and cook it on both sides. It will take about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle the fish with half of the fennel and peppercorn powder. Add the curry leaves as well.
- Carefully flip the fish and sprinkle the remaining powder on this side. Sauté fish until it is completely cooked.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and serve the lemon pepper fish fry with roti, bread or paratha.
- Garnish with lemon juice and cilantro.
Over to you
This mildly flavoured and mildly spiced recipe is one of the must-try recipes at home.
This is kids friendly too so, let your child relish this recipe and allow the goodness of various nutrients to get absorbed in his/her body.