Kokum is a berry which is often used as souring agent and its juice is consumed widely to combat sweltering heat as it is a good cooling agent.
Kokum sherbet can be made both by fresh berry and its dry peels. so, make this sherbet in no time for innumerable health benefits.
Kokum sherbet is a natural coolant which helps in keeping the body cool in scorching heat. Also, it is rich in vitamin C, is antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and prevents from heat rash.
- ½ cup chopped kokum berry
- Water as required
- 1 teaspoon jaggery powder
- 4-5 cardamom crushed or powdered
- Black salt as required
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Nutrition Info
- 78 kcal
- 18.7 grams
- 0.6 grams
- 0.1 gram
- Wash the kokums properly then chop them and remove the seeds.
- Take the chopped kokum’s and blend them with little water.
- In another pan boil the jaggery powder with water and keep stirring.
- When the mixture of jaggery powder and water becomes thick turn off the flame.
- Cool the jaggery syrup and then add it to the prepared kokum juice.
- Now add cardamom powder and cumin powder and rock salt.
- Add crushed ice and serve chilled kokum sherbet.
Over to you
Kokum sherbet is easy to make and will provide you with loads of nutrients.
Also, this sherbet can be stored in airtight container and refrigerated for some time. Make this healthy sherbet and relish its goodness for long.