Brothers play very precious role in sister’s life! Let’s make them surprise on the occasion of bhai dooj with a mouth melting dessert named Kesari Sandesh. It is packed with all the essential nutrients and is like bliss to taste buds. Be prepared to have such a delectable dessert to your plate!
Milk is a primary source of vitamin D which is required for the absorption of calcium in the body that is required for bone and teeth development. It is also composed of some vital nutrients like vitamin A that boost your vision, magnesium for proper metabolism, potassium to reduce high blood pressure levels, vitamin B12 for the formation blood cells and zinc to boost immunity. The recipe offers a healthy sugar substitute as coconut sugar in place of refined sugar.
- 100 millilitres low-fat cow’s milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4-5 strands of saffron
- 20 grams mixed dry fruits for garnishing
- Nutrition Info
- 80 kcal
- 10 grams
- 17.7 grams
- 2.7 grams
Recommended For: Bone and teeth development
- Boil the milk and add lemon juice to it. Continue to cook it on low flame and let it cook for a minute.
- Take a muslin cloth and separate the curdled milk from the whey in that muslin cloth. Hang the cloth on the tap of your sink for an hour to remove all the excess whey.
- Take out the chenna in a clean bowl. Add coconut sugar, milk powder and cardamom powder. Mix it well for a minute. Take a non-stick pan and cook the chenna for a minute, to remove all the excess moisture.
- Let it cool for few minutes.
- Take small amount of chenna between your palms and slightly mash it. Make small rounds and flatten it a little bit.
- Make a depression in the centre. Sprinkle dry fruits on top.
- Brush saffron on sandesh and refrigerate it.
- Serve cool!
Over to you
Get loaded with kesari sandesh and spread the happiness among your loved ones. It will leave a long term impression on your mind and will be the most demanded dessert!