Soy milk can be easily made at home which is rich in nutrients and beneficial for people having lactose intolerance and thus cannot consume milk or milk products. So,
this recipe will be of great help to you.
Soy milk is rich in nutrients like protein, vitamin A, B12, potassium and isoflavones.
It helps in managing blood pressure in diabetes, provides relief from osteoporosis, good for managing weight and can be a great milk substitute for people having lactose intolerance.
- 75 grams white soybeans
- Water as required
- Sugar (optional)
- 1 Cardamom
- Calories count of one serving
- Nutrition Info
- 60 kcal
- 3.7 grams
- 4.4 grams
- 3.1 grams
Recommended for- Lactose Intolerance
- Soak soybeans in about 2-3 cups of water overnight.
- Next morning, discard water and rinse the soybeans well.
- Remove the skin of soybeans properly.
- In a blender add soybeans, cardamom and about 4 cups water.
- Blend until smooth consistency is achieved.
- Now, strain the blended mixture using muslin cloth.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat the strained milk, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. Also, the froth formed should be discarded.
- Cool the milk then you can refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Over to you
Soy milk is rich in nutrients and can be made easily made at home effortlessly also, can be consumed by people having lactose intolerance so, it is a great pick to substitute milk at times.