The festive season might not yet be over, but your digestive system might have gone for a toss gobbling down all the sugary foods. After all, our festivals and sweets go hand-in-hand. This ginger plum smoothie is a perfect break for your stomach, as it is light and full of antioxidants.
- Plums: Plums are a very nutritious and are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. Additionally, they have several characteristics that may reduce the risk of many chronic diseases, such as osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
- Ginger: Ginger contains gingerol which is a powerful medicinal substance that can prevent nausea. The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal (GI) irritation, and to increase motility through the digestive tract.
- 2 plums chopped
- ½ inch ginger peeled (grated)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 50 grams low fat curd
- ½ lemon (squeezed)
- Water, as required
- Add plum, water and ginger in the blender jar.
- Then add lemon juice, chia seeds and curd to the blended mixture
- Blend until smooth and there are no chunks of fruit.
- Pour prepared smoothie into a serving glass and enjoy the perfect smoothie.
- Nutrition Info
- 92 kcal
- 17.3 grams
- 1.4 grams
- 0.9 grams
Over to you
Ginger plum smoothie is an excellent way to boost your digestion and is light on stomach. It’s a perfect addition to your festive menu.