How about investing a little of your time in incorporating possibly quick recipes with egg? This simple ingredient dresses up every dish uniquely. Rich in proteins and other essential nutrients, we help you discover that there are many reasons to include eggs in your diet.
On this World Egg Day, let’s explore this healthy recipe made with eggs!
An egg is an inexpensive and healthiest option when it comes to proteins. Egg, being referred to as a source of complete proteins has all the essential amino acids. And one of these essential proteins is not even synthesised in the body which makes it even more essential. Eggs are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and hence bring down your triglycerides level. Eggs help in weight loss and reduce the chances of developing cardiovascular diseases and it also contains compounds like lutein and zeaxanthin which keeps you away from cataracts or age-related macular degeneration. Salmon helps in brain development, especially cognition centre and memory.
- 30 grams quinoa
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving
- ½ freshly sliced green spring onion, for serving
- Fresh cut vegetables (50 grams)
- Nutrition Info
- 216 kcal
- 20 grams
- 11.3 grams
- 7.8 grams
- Cook quinoa with some water on medium to low flame for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Next, add egg and cook for about 1-2 minutes, uncovered. Season it with ¼ salt and pepper.
- Serve the cooked quinoa in a bowl topped with the scrambled egg and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle some lemon juice and top with fresh green spring onions.
Over to you
One of the trouble-free and favourite kitchen ingredients is egg. Enhance the quality of your breakfast by adding a tasty and healthy dose of eggs. This delicious recipe will make you fall in love with eggs and its versatility.