Egg and spinach roll is a healthy delight and can be made effortlessly. This recipe is healthy and high in nutrients.
Spinach is a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E and Vitamin A (in form of carotenoids) manganese, folate, copper. And, egg is a rich source of protein and contains many vitamins and minerals like selenium and riboflavin that are really beneficial for health.
- 70 grams spinach leaves
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 small onion
- ½ medium sized carrot
- 15 grams cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Salt as required
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Calories: 237 kcal
- Carbs: 15 grams
- Protein: 12 grams
- Fats: 14.9 grams
- Course: Snack
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Microwave the spinach for few minutes to thaw it and squeeze out the water by using a strainer.
- Take a bowl and mix spinach, 1 egg, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Take a baking sheet and place parchment paper on it and spray with cooking spray.
- Move the spinach mix to the baking sheet and press it flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes. After that, set it aside to cool.
- In the next step, finely chop onion and parsley and grate the carrots.
- Take little oil in a pan, sauté onion, then add chopped carrots and parsley to the pan and let it simmer for about 2 minutes. Now, add cottage cheese, pepper, curry powder and chilli and mix well.
- Now, add egg to the mixture and mix it all together then spread this filling over the spinach mat. Just spread it in centre avoiding some space near corners to avoid spilling when you roll it out.
- Now, carefully roll up the spinach mat and keep it for baking for about 25 minutes.
- Now take out the spinach roll and let it cool for few minutes. Cut it into slices and serve!
Over to you
This spinach and egg roll recipe is easy and high in nutrients and makes for a fancy meal. So, make this meal and share it with your friends and family.