Indian dishes are pleasant to taste buds and good to health. So, today, we have come with an appetizing and lip-smacking dish named Dhal Pies with Sweet-Potatoes which would not only nourish your body with multiple health benefits but will also fulfil the cravings for savoury dish and re-energize the body. Since it is filled with the goodness of various nutritious ingredients it must be added in your diet.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A which is good for eye-sight and boosts the vision, dietary fibre aids in improving digestion and immunity. Potassium helps in maintaining healthy blood pressure levels. Sweet potato also decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and overall mortality. Lentils, on the other hand, are rich in protein for muscle building, minerals for proper functioning of body and fibre to boost digestion.
- 30 grams peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 20 grams scrubbed and halved carrots
- 30 grams red lentils
- ½ inch finely chopped ginger
- 20 grams thinly sliced onion
- 1 finely grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 1 teaspoon low fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Nutrition Info
- 196 kcal
- 31.5 grams
- 9.5 grams
- 3.7 grams
Recommended For: Muscle Building and diabetes
- Boil sweet potato for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a pan to fry the onion and carrot, for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for another one minute while stirring continuously. Tip in the curry powder, stir round the pan then add 100millilitres of water, tomato purée and lentils. Cover the pan and boil for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the chopped coriander.
- Mash sweet potato and season it with yogurt.
- Spoon out the lentil mix into one big bowl then top with the sweet potato mixture.
- Dhal pies with sweet potato are ready to serve.
Over to you
Full yourself with all the essential nutrients and feel the goodness of the dish. Share the dish with your friends and relatives to spread the nourishment. Stay happy and healthy!