Corn Elote is a delicious Mexican Dish which is quite simple and easy to prepare recipe. All what you require is a corn cob and some seasonings. It can be prepared easily at home and is the perfect accompaniment when grilling out.
Corn is rich in Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron which helps in the production of red blood cells in the body. It is calorie dense and so is quite beneficial for those who are aiming for weight loss.
- Nutrition Info
- 90.4 kcal
- 11.9 grams
- 3.8 grams
- 2.5 grams
- Corn Cob – 40grams
- 5 grams Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Shuck the corn, remove the silk and stalk and in a large pot of water boil corn, cover and cook for 5 minutes, then remove.
- When corn cob is boiled, keep it aside until it is cool enough to handle.
- In a bowl add all the spices like cumin seeds powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Take a brush and brush this mixture on the entire corn cob.
- Grate cheese, sprinkle it on the corn cob and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Your Corn Elote is ready to serve.
Over to you
Try out this spicy and tangy Mexican recipe and pamper yourself with its delicious taste and flavour.