Broccoli Frittata is similar to an omelette but it is more palatable and tastier than your regular omelette.
This flavoursome and nutritious breakfast can be prepared in just 30 minutes. So, it is worth giving a try!
Frittata is loaded with various essential nutrients that are required by our body to function properly. Eggs are packed with protein that is required for building muscle and tissues; iron is needed for the production of red blood cells and disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin. Broccoli is also rich in various micronutrients and associated with decreased risk of obesity, diabetes and colon cancer.
- 1 whole egg
- 60 grams of broccoli, chopped
- Water, as required
- 50 millilitres cow’s milk
- 15 grams shredded cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Nutrition Info
- 222 kcal
- 7.4 grams
- 12.7 grams
- 16.6 grams
Recommendation: Bone and Muscle development
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Combine broccoli and water in a heat resistant non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Beat eggs and add milk, salt, and pepper in large bowl until blended properly. Then, add broccoli mixture and cottage cheese and mix well.
- Coat the same skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat until hot. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook over low to medium heat for 5 minutes until edges are set.
- Remove from burner and transfer the egg mixture to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from oven and keep it aside for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and frittata is ready to serve.
Over to you
Make this healthy recipe at your home and start your day with the nourishment of eggs and broccoli. Don’t forget to share this mouth-watering recipe with your loved ones!