These wraps are a quick and healthy source of protein-rich snack with nutty and crunchy walnuts. The filling of black beans, tomatoes, capsicum and onions does not only make it colourful but also adds to the flavours.
Walnuts are significantly one of the richest plant-based sources in omega 3 fatty acid. They are also rich in protein and contain higher amounts of antioxidants.
Eating walnuts may improve gut health, brain health, prevent heart diseases and it also acts as a mood booster.
Black bean is a rich source of fibre, potassium, protein and vitamin B6. The fibre content helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decreases the risk of heart disease.
- 5 grams chopped walnuts
- 20 grams half cooked black bean
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- 10 grams sliced onion
- 10 grams small sized chopped capsicum
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ lemon (squeezed)
- 10 grams cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Nutrition Info
- 282 kcal
- 39.7 grams
- 9.49 grams
- 9.1 grams
Recommended For: Heart health
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, combine black bean, sliced onions and chopped capsicum. Cook it for a few minutes.
- Add finely chopped walnuts and flavor it with cumin powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Transfer it in a large bowl and squeeze lemon juice.
- Serve it in a whole wheat wrap and garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes and cilantro.
Over to you
Enjoy the goodness of veggies in a flavorful way along with the nutritive values attached to it. The preparation of the healthful wrap does not take much time and hence, is an option to add in your diet.