Besan halwa is a traditional sweet dish which is relished by almost everyone during the time of festivals and at the time of celebrations.
Nutritional benefits –
Besan or chickpea flour is rich in protein, fiber and is of low glycemic index thus is good for diabetic patients. Thus besan is a healthy swap which you can opt for in your diet.
- 30 grams of besan
- 10 grams ghee
- 5 grams of coconut sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- Almonds and pistachio for garnishing
- Nutrition Info
- 186.1 kcal
- 16.5 grams
- 4.4 grams
- 11.3 grams
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat ghee into it.
- Add besan and sautee it on medium heat until it is slight brown and a nutty aroma is there.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook until the water is completely absorbed by besan.
- Add coconut sugar and cardamom powder and mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot , garnished with almonds and pistachios.
Over to you-
Besan halwa is a dessert which is filled with the goodness of besan and thus is healthy to be consumed during the festivities.