Meet the humble beet! Beetroot is an extremely beneficial vegetable that is loaded with oodles of health benefits. However, if you are bored of eating your beets in the same old conventional way, try this really innovative recipe- The Beetroot Cake.
Beetroots are packed with essential nutrients, and are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beets can improve circulation and blood flow, lower blood pressure levels, and can considerably increase exercise performance.
- 1 large beetroot- peeled and boiled
- 15 grams dark chocolate- grated
- 100 grams (roughly 1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice/ vinegar
- 30 grams curd/ yogurt
- Pinch of salt
- Calories in one serving:
- Calories: 94 Kcal
- Carbs: 14.2 grams
- Protein: 1.3 grams
- Fats: 2.5 grams
- Puree the boiled beetroot in a blender. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, add curd and sugar, beat it till sugar gets completely dissolved and the mixture becomes frothy.
- Now, add oil to curd mix and then add beetroot puree. Add vinegar/ lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Now add the sifted flour to this mixture and stir gently to make a smooth batter. Add grated chocolate to it.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 2 minutes
- Now, grease a baking dish with olive oil and pour the batter into it, carefully.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, allow it to cool. Cut into equal pieces. The eggless beetroot cake is ready to be enjoyed!
Over to you
Do not think twice before trying out this innovative eggless beetroot cake recipe. It can definitely be your own version of a homemade red velvet cake and the bonus point is that it tastes delicious! Do try it out!