Amla scientifically called Phyllanthus emblica or more commonly Indian gooseberry. It can be put to innumerable uses like in culinary, shampoos, hair oils and in Ayurvedic medicines.
This amla churna or powder can be put to many uses like it can be taken with water in the form of a healthy beverage for wonderful results, or you can make amla tea using this powder, or add to lemon water for an extra boost of Vitamin C.
Amla has high contents of ascorbic acid (Vitamin-c) flavonoids, Ellagic acid and Gallic acid.
It helps in reducing blood sugar level in the body, and is high in digestive fiber content. It can prevent hair loss and graying of hair. It also helps in curing sore throat and prevents constipation.
- Nutrition Info
- 116 kcal
- 27.4 grams
- 1 gram
- 0.2 gram
- After through washing, cut and dry the amlas in direct sunlight for few days till they are completely dry.
- After the juice is evaporated completely, transfer the dried amla in a grinder and blend it coarsely.
- Sift the amla powder through a sieve to achieve smooth powder.
- Voila! Your home made amla powder is ready.
- Store this powder in an airtight container.
- Use every day as needed.
Over to you
Amla powder lasts for up to 6 months, so your efforts for this recipe will last for long, providing you with storehouse of nutrients and taking care of your various health problems.
This is the easiest healthy beverage you can gift yourself!