Cracking the code for a youthful, glowing and brightening skin is tough! Obviously, genetics plays a huge role but lifestyle factors such as sleeping, diet and hydration helps in maintaining the quality of your skin. However, the natural oils already present in the skin help maintain the glow and moisture in the face. But have you ever wondered about how the portions of daily nutrient intake can do miracle on your skin? By simply initiating some changes in your eating habits and be mindful about the nutrients you consume can certainly help you in getting that healthy skin like divas!
Various nutrients act as the powerhouse in maintaining healthy, wrinkle-free, and acne-free skin. From anti-inflammatory benefits to supporting collagen formation, here are some of the best nutrients that help you in getting healthy and naturally glowing skin!
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is probably the best nutrient for maintaining the skin health. Due to its antioxidant properties, it fights with harmful radicals that can harm the skin. It can also prevent the risk of certain types of cancers when combined with Vitamin A. Skin issues like wrinkles and premature ageing can be treated by the intake of Vitamin E in the diet. You can found it in foods like avocados, almonds, walnuts, eggs, asparagus, oats and various types of seeds like chia seeds and flax seeds.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C not only helps in boosting the immune system but it also promotes radiant skin. It’s a powerful antioxidant that also helps in protecting the body from harmful molecules and fights effectively against with the causes of premature ageing while giving you the brighter and firmer skin. Citrus fruits like kiwi, lemon, guava, grapes and papaya are rich in Vitamin C. Just add these foods in your diet to get healthy and glowing skin.
- Vitamin B Complex: B Vitamins are also known as the water-soluble vitamins and play various important roles in cell metabolism while providing various benefits to the skin. There are eight types of B Vitamins and out of the eight, Vitamin B3 (also known as Niacin) is beneficial for the overall skin health. By making skin soft and smooth, it boosts the overall appearance of the skin and removes the fine lines and redness, if any. It also helps in treating conditions like acne, pigmentation and dry skin. This particular vitamin can be found in whole grains, dairy products and leafy vegetables.
- Zinc: Nobody knows much about the connection between zinc and the beautiful skin. It acts as a skin enhancing nutrient and gives a natural glowing skin as well. Zinc acts as an essential mineral in the human body that is found in every single cell and skin cells are directly dependent on this nutrient. By making new collagen and removing old collagen, zinc helps in maintaining healthy skin. Legumes like chickpeas, lentils, beans, nuts and seeds are rich in zinc and regular consumption of these foods can boost your overall skin health.
- Essential Fatty Acids: Losing weight can make you skip essential fatty acids from your diet but deficiencies of such fatty acids are not good for the skin. Your skin will be dried, inflamed and prone to breakouts if you are not consuming enough amounts of fatty acids. Consumption of essential fatty acids like Omega-3 & 6 help in opening the natural oil barrier of the skin by keeping it hydrated, glowing and radiant. Start adding more oily fish like salmon, nuts and seeds into your diet. These foods are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and can make your skin glow naturally.
- Selenium: Selenium is a very helpful mineral when it comes to skin health. It has powerful antioxidants that help in maintaining skin elasticity and firmness. Important collagen protein can also be saved by the deterioration from this nutrient. Consuming enough amount of selenium every day can also help in preventing acne. Foods like onion, walnuts, whole grains, and brown rice are a good source of obtaining selenium.
Over to you
Here we have cracked the major code to have a beautiful and healthy looking skin! All you need to do is- incorporate the listed nutrients in your diet accordingly and follow a proper diet with clean eating habits.