Are you amongst those corporate workers who have a sitting job of almost eight hours in a day? Or probably you commute for about two hours at least to-and-fro to reach your office and back home. Have you put on a good amount of weight because of a sedentary lifestyle or do you often tend to order your food from the outside and mostly eat meals laden with fats and oils? If any of these are answered yes by you, then welcome to the era of millennial corporate workers who are earning big, but also have health that is gradually deteriorating. Now, you might not be able to compromise with the working hours or sitting pattern, but you can definitely incorporate smart nutritional tactics to make the most of your time and health. We bring to you a guide to include smart snacks in your diet that will keep your weight in check and health in full bloom.
- Handful of Nuts and Seeds- A handful of nuts and seeds generally amounts to twenty eight grams. Keep a mix of almonds, walnuts, dates, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds handy with you all the time. These nuts and seeds are termed as superfoods that provide you with ample amount of nutrients. Walnuts are a good source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids that helps in boosting your heart health and immunity. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E and thus enhance your skin. Pumpkin seeds are excellent source of protein and thus keep you energized the whole day. Dates are rich in iron, so they help you overcome lethargy and fatigue. Flax seeds are really good for your digestive health. Combined together, they are an excellent power house of nutrition that will keep you full and energized.
- Roasted Black Gram- Black gram or kaala channa serves an excellent mid-time snack that is loaded with the goodness of healthy carb and protein. It is known to manage blood sugar levels effectively and provide you with enough fibre to keep your digestive health in check. Roasted black grams also contain Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium that are essential minerals which boost your immunity and improve your body’s defence system.
- Whole Fruit- When hungry, grab a seasonal fruit and your body is going to thank you enough. But do not just pick any fruit as few fruits are really high in sugar and carbs. Choose a fruit between orange, papaya, kiwi, grapefruit, peach, pear, guava that is not too ripe and an apple. Fruits are loaded with essential vitamins that your body cannot synthesize on its own. They also provide you with enough fibre to keep you full and your gut health intact.
- Roasted Fox nuts – Fox nuts or makhanas have become a recent hit amongst weight watchers, and why not. These humble fox nuts are full of nourishing ingredients that makes them an excellent healthy snack choice. They are low in fat and are excellent source of magnesium, potassium, thiamine and phosphorus. These minerals work to improve your heart health, lower cholesterol levels, and boosting cognitive function of brain.
- Sprout Salad- Few grams of green moong sprouts tossed with onion, tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper makes an amazingly delicious combination of perfect nutrients. It will give you whole lot goodness of fibre, Vitamin C and protein. Sprouted green moong also contains antioxidants like Vitexin and Isovitexin that boost heart health and help managing cholesterol levels.
Over to you
Throw away all the sugar laden, salt rich or preservative filled foods like biscuits, namkeen, chocolates, candies from your office drawer and make space for these smart snacks that will certainly make you smarter with goodness of nutrition in the long run. Ensure to plan your smart snacks one day in advance.