Start your weekend morning in a healthy way. Oats uttapam is a quick breakfast option that is easy to make. It can be topped with various vegetables of your choice.
Oats: Oat are rich in soluble fibers which help in lowering cholesterol levels. These soluble
fibers help increase intestinal transit time and reduce glucose absorption. Oats also contain beta-glucan which is a lipid-lowering agent. Protein-packed, full of fiber and low in fat, oats are designed to boost your energy levels and help you lead a healthy lifestyle. They are not only good for the stomach but are interestingly super filling, satisfying and versatile.
- 10 grams oats
- 10 grams rice flour
- 10 grams curd
- 10 grams onions
- 10 grams carrot
- 10 grams tomatoes
- Green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
- Nutrition Info
- 133 kcal
- 17.5 grams
- 3 grams
- 5.7 grams
- Add oats to a blender jar and make a fine powder.
- Transfer the oats flour, rice flour, salt, and yogurt to a mixing bowl. Mix to form a batter with a slight spreading consistency. Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop onions, tomatoes, chilies and coriander leaves. Grate the carrots.
- Grease a griddle with few drops oil and heat it on a medium flame.
- Pour a ladle of batter and spread a bit to make a thick oats uttapam.
- Sprinkle the vegetables as desired and gently press them with a wooden spatula.
- Cook until the base is done well and slightly crisp.
- Flip and cook well on the other side as well.
- Remove the oats to a serving plate and serve hot.
Over to you
Start your day with this healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe. You can pair it up with any
beverage or smoothie of your choice.