Diet is said to be the king for those who wish to attain an ideal Body with a perfect body composition. Wherein the body composition refers to the ratio of body fat to the fat-free mass. Fat-free mass refers to the mass of bone, muscle, water and other tissue. Many People only focus upon building up of muscle mass, but they tend to neglect the fact that some amount of fat is also healthy for your body as it provides cushioning to the organs, also it helps in absorption of fat soluble vitamins and minerals and also is very necessary in regulating hormones in your body.
Thus one must have moderate amount of fat in fat in their body as if you are having high percentage of bodily fat then it can lead to many health issues like heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, risk for stroke or cancer. It can also lead to complications during pregnancy. And moreover it is usually observed that people who are overweight suffers from joint pain as excess weight puts lot of pressure on their joints and make it difficult for them to even perform the simplest activities such as walking.
And on the other hand if your body fat percentage is very low then it can hamper your energy levels thereby make you feel low after performing little physical activity as the body’s fat reserves have nothing stored in them , thus there is no way out to make energy. Moreover it can also affect your cardiovascular system’s ability to work efficiently. Few of the Other complications associated with a low body fat percentage are problems like a slowed heart rate, feeling cold, a reduction in the production of hormones, dry skin, brittle bones, a loss of muscle tissue, damage to the nervous system, shrinkage of the organs and more.
So let us know about few tips to achieve body composition goals:
1. Reduce the Fat Mass ratio in your body
The fat that is present in your body plays a major role in body composition. Reducing upon the amount of fat mass can help you to look slimmer, plays less strain on your internal organs and helps in building up of muscle mass. So to reduce the fat mass you can make few of the changes in your lifestyle:
- Avoid consumption of sweet in any form be it jam, confectionaries or a regular table sugar.
- Avoid consumption of processed or canned food products like ketchup, pickle, papadh.
- Indulge in some physical activity such as yoga, swimming or cardio which includes running and jogging.
2. Increase your Lean body Mass
When you have to target toning and building up of lean muscle to attain the toned body in which you aim to achieve flat stomach, toned arms and legs. To increase in Lean body mass you must:
- Indulge into certain exercises like cardio which includes running or jogging, cycling, aerobics or strength training which includes Pilates, weight lifting or stretching.
- Consume a well-balanced diet inclusive of any the essential macro and micro nutrients.
- Reduce the amount of stress that you take, also you can manage your stress through meditation or mindful exercises.
3. Improvise upon your diet and follow a healthy and nutritious plan
Many people think that if you indulge in physical activity then you can eat whatever you feel like but the truth is that diet plays major role in building up of an ideal body composition. As 70% is the diet and rest 30% is the workout, so workout along with a healthy diet can help you achieve your desired body composition. So dietary tips to be followed to attain perfect body composition are:
- Consume Fresh fruits if craving for sugar
- Stay away from processed, canned food products like ketchup, papadh, packed wafers, energy bars as they can cause water retention.
- Consume complex carbs in your diet like whole grains but don’t avoid consuming them as well as they provide you with energy to carry out days routine.
- Consume high biological value protein in your diet. You can obtain it from the sources like milk and its products, eggs, lean meat.
- Include fiber in your daily diet. You can get it by consuming lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink at least 3-4 liters of water in a day as it reduces bloating in your body thereby helps you to achieve your body composition goal.
4. Make mental commitments
It is always said that “A body achieves what a mind believes” which is a very relevant point as if you make a mental commitment about the goals that you want to achieve they you are more confident and determined to do whatever you are doing for the accomplishment of your goals. A positive mind will keep you motivated to work with more efficiency and enthusiasm to attain your goals.
5. Follow a proper sleeping pattern
You should always get a sleep for minimum 6-8 hours in day as lack of sleep can cause hindrance and make you feel low, lazy and lethargic throughout the day. On other hand proper sound sleep helps you to wake up fresh, active and free from stress. So you have more power, energy and enthusiasm to work towards achievement of your body composition goals.
Over to you
Set yourself up to attain perfect body composition, it just takes a nutritional, physical and mental commitment towards yourself to achieve your goals. So Start up with it today, inculcate positive healthy habits and achieve your long-term desired body image.