Pasta is the universal favorite dish as it’s a quick weekend food to prepare. And why it wouldn’t be? It’s delicious and have a creamy texture due to the sauces used while preparing it. But the major problem is how to prepare the healthy pasta sauce since there are many brands manufacturing ‘n’ number of pasta sauces loaded with artificial flavors and calories which of course is not a healthy choice. Using such jarred pasta sauces can be easy to inculcate, but might leave you with high sugar and sodium intake.
Following pasta sauces are not just scrumptious but also serve nutritive values. So, get your hands over these sauces and have a healthy weekend cooking.
- Pico De Gallo: Pico De Gallo is also known as tomato salsa. For additional benefits, you can blend tomatoes well to get the most of its nutritional benefits. Tomatoes are known to be the major dietary source to every day summer diet as it offer high water content. Apart from that, it has rich amount of Vitamin C and K that wards off summer stroke internally.
- Avocado Sauce: Avocado sauce is another way to add healthfulness in your pasta because it’s fulfilling and have highly loaded nutrients like Vitamin K, C, folate, potassium, fiber and monounsaturated fatty acids (healthy fats). All these nutrients assist the body in lowering high blood pressure, improving heart health and in absorbing various nutrients from plant food.
- Garlic Sauce: Garlic has a pungent and strongly aromatic flavor that can give a strong and nutritious twist to the pasta. Using garlic in your recipes can be immensely healthful as it has potential medical properties, less calories, can combat illness and may improve cholesterol levels as it has manganese, Vitamin B6, C and selenium.
- Basil Pesto: Adding basil to cooking not just gives a cooling and soothing taste to tongue but also offers powerful antioxidants, natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Other than that, it has Vitamin A, C, iron, calcium and magnesium. At last, it’s proven to prevent number of health conditions.
- Milk Alfredo Sauce: The simplest sauce to prepare by simply stirring the milk until it becomes a thick mixture. Continuous stirring is required to avoid the formation of lumps. Addition of this sauce in pasta, will not just enhance the flavor and texture of it but also provide the benefits of consisting nutrients such as calcium, protein and Vitamin D. You can add lightly roasted garlic to it for enhanced flavor.
Over to you
Go healthy with pasta by incorporating the listed five health pasta sauces. We always recommend choosing whole wheat pasta to load up with nutrient punch along with carb intake. At last, don’t get afraid to add on fresh vegetables or corns to the pasta.