Four pm is the time when your stomach starts knocking and there comes the need to have something light and delicious! Tea is the beloved which comes first to your minds. You can replace your regular tea with green tea, black coffee or have unsweetened tea. Next best possible thing which strikes to the mind can probably be snacks to accompany your tea. With the availability of hundreds of deep fried snacks and namkeens in the market, it becomes important to have something nutritious and healthy. These snacks may look appealing and tasty but amount of calories and fat makes it unhealthy. Hey, wait! Don’t be so disappointed. We have something in here to fill your hunger needs with these healthy and nutritious snacks! Have a look.
- Homemade Banana Walnut Muffins: Muffins are a great company to your tea! These healthy homemade banana walnut muffins are truly nutritious and healthy. Having these instead of regular muffins can be a great move towards a healthier tea time snacking. These can be prepared with ripe bananas, whole wheat flour and you can also add some oats to make it tastier and healthier. We suggest, not using sugar because ripe bananas are anyway going to provide the sweetness. Top them up with walnuts and your tea partner is ready for consumption! Bananas are an important source of several vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, vitamin C and walnuts work amazing as an anti-oxidant and contain omega-3 fat which reduces heart disease risks.
- Chiwda Namkeen: If you wish to have something spicy and salty with your tea, wait! We won’t leave you alone. Chiwda namkeen is a healthy accompaniment which can be prepared by beaten rice (chiwda) along with delectable spices. You can add some oats or roasted chana if you wish to and make it healthier. Chiwda is low in calories as compared to other potato chips and burgers, good source of energy and fiber. And the best part is it’s crunchy and tastes amazing!
- Jowar Puffs: You can prepare these jowar puffs at the convenience of your home. Just take some jowar grains in a microwave safe paper bag, seal the open part tightly and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Your snack is ready to be served. You can garnish it with some herbs to make it look more appealing and appetizing. Jowar is rich in fibre, protein and iron. It controls blood sugar level and is gone for bone health.
- Baked Ragi Chips- Baked ragi chips are a healthy substitute to the regular potato chips and are absolutely tasty and healthy too. Use whole wheat flour and ragi flour to knead dough by adding some yogurt. Cut them into desired shapes and sizes and then bake them in oven. They taste truly delicious and can either be eaten alone or with your tea. Pack them up in an air-tight container and you can have them any other time. An amazing health benefit of adding ragi in your diet is, it decreases the possibility of diabetes.
- Kala Chana Tikki- As a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, black chana offers a variety of health benefits, such as improving digestion, aiding weight management and reducing the risk of several diseases. Simply soak few kala chana overnight, wash and pressure cook the next morning. Boil enough, and bind with one multigrain bread. Air fry or bake and enjoy with your tea.
Over to you
These snacks are easy to prepare and can be stored for future uses. The ingredients used are readily available in the kitchen which makes them friendlier to be prepared. Have it with your green tea, black coffee or unsweetened tea to end your day in a healthier way.