Seen models with their sleek, tall limbs walking down the ramp?
The secret lies in their body’s tendency to use up the food. Ectomorphs tend to have a higher metabolic rate than others!
Ectomorphs’s body is able to burn out what they eat at a tremendous rate and this is the reason they are not able to gain muscle.
Now the fact that their body can perform such a task doesn’t mean that they can eat up anything and everything and still not gain muscles. Eating healthy must be the aim for each and every person.
There are few key principals to keep in mind for all the ectomorphs out there! Eat in every two or four hours and avoid cold foods as they are not easily digestible. Stack up on calories and targeted nutrient-rich foods.
So, here’s a list of some of the nutrients you need to include in your diet for healthy muscle gain!
- Instead of simple carbohydrates, go for complex carbohydrates because they are harder to breakdown by the body.
- The slow breakdown of these carbohydrates helps in building body muscles. Consume large amounts of complex carbohydrates to meet up your daily calorie intake.
- Eat complex carbohydrate-rich foods like rice, oatmeal, ragi, bajra, quinoa, whole wheat, brown rice and sweet potatoes.
- Proteins are the building blocks of the body and they definitely go up on the list of nutrients for ectomorph’s diet.
- Proteins provide lean mass to the body so, make sure you include enough amounts of protein in your diet.
- Eat high-protein foods like eggs, chicken breast, salmon, tuna, tofu, pumpkin seeds and nuts like almonds and walnuts.
- If you anywhere think fats are not good for health, take a minute and give it a second thought.
- Include healthy fats rich in omega-3 fatty acids as they promote better heart health and keep you healthy. Saturated fats must be avoided as they clog your arteries and make you fall in heart-related risks.
- Eat healthy fat foods like flaxseeds, avocado, salmon, ripe olives, nuts and seeds.
Over to you
If you are an ectomorph, you need to inculcate these foods in your daily diet. Remember that even if your body’s tendency to breakdown calories is fast, it clearly doesn’t mean that you should start eating unhealthy foods. Go for foods with the targeted nutrients that your body type needs and this way you will achieve better results.