Human nutrition is complex, and a healthy diet may vary widely according to an individual’s genetic makeup, environment, and health.
It takes a lot to eat healthy; it requires discipline, efforts and isn’t always fun. At some point in life, the health of your body is the determining factor for what kind of lifestyle one chooses. The choices we make each day – from what to eat in breakfast to whether or not to have that extra slice of pizza says a lot about an individual’s eating factor/lifestyle.
Similarly, In the Indian film industry, stars and celebrities are literally worshipped. They are the ideal to the huge mass of people. There lies a great responsibility on their shoulders to always be a good example. It might look glorious to our eyes, but their lives aren’t really a bed of roses.
To the look they carry, the hard work they do, from trying to stay away from the most favourite cuisines, for long hours workout and eating a planned and balanced diet whether they like it or not. Everything needs to be in proper place.
So, let’s focus on the dietary regime of this famous celebrity in the Indian industry.
- Sara Ali Khan –Sara Ali Khan, the most talked-about Bollywood celeb right now. The 25-year-old girl, almost dreamy beauty has caught everyone’s eye.She has embraced her new role as a Bollywood actor with ease. But it was no cakewalk for her. Because Sara Ali Khan struggles with PCOS, a hormonal disorder that causes weight gain, excessive hair growth, irregular periods, and even infertility. Many women around the globe are battling it. Thus, dealing with Sara Ali Khan’s weight loss journey of 30kg became an important aspect in people’s life and help them to deal with this syndrome.
- PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a hormonal disorder that affects women of reproductive age. The main symptoms of PCOS are weight gain, irregular periods or no periods at all, facial hair growth, excess hair on body and hair loss. So, a proper diet and good exercise is required to tackle this on growing problem.Following are the three most effective diets that can effectively manage PCOS.
- A low glycemic (GI) diet – An individual should consume low glycemic food as the body digests low glycemic foods slowly and does not cause instant rise in the glucose levels. Low GI foods include, whole grains, legumes, seeds, nuts, fruits, unprocessed foods and low carbohydrate foods.
- An anti-inflammatory diet – This diet includes food such as berries, fatty fish, green leafy vegetables.
- The DASH diet – DASH diet stands for Dietary approaches to stop hypertension. The Dash diet includes fish, poulty, fruits, vegetables and low-dairy product.Sara Ali Khan, the epitome of beauty with brain, was 96Kg during her teens, when she came to know about the problem of PCOS. The journey was indeed a big struggle for her where she managed to drop down 30kgs, which included healthy and a balanced diet along with vigorous exercise (pilates), in order to lose weight and to be in shape for the long run.Sara Ali Khan’s diet regime includes.
Breakfast – Egg whites and toast or idlis
Lunch – Chapattis, dal, vegetables, salad, and fruits
Snacks – Upma (Savory vegetable semolina)
Dinner – A light dinner with chapatis and green veggies
Pre-workout – Muesli or oats with fruits
Post-Workout – Protein shake, tofu, salad or legumesOn this note Sara Ali Khan, does not believe that everyone has to lose weight to look good. In general, PCOS symptoms are said to improve when your diet and lifestyle change. Looking or feeling good is just the by product.
Over to You : To conclude, losing weight, especially for people with PCOS, can really be tough. It requires proper diet guidelines and regular exercise. But Sara Ali Khan showed her tremendous determination and will to lose weight to improve her health. She has made her place in the hearts of millions for showing such grace in talking about a health complication that not many women have the courage to discuss out.
Take inspiration from her and don’t give up on your fitness goals. Choose wisely, that helps our body well translates into a longer, healthier, more enjoyable life. Eat well and exercise regularly!Result will surely be seen.