Ayurveda is one of the most ancient and well-known forms of science which is equally significant and important in contemporary time. The holistic approach and pattern it follows for everyone is completely noble and be it healthy individuals or diseased ones, its tactic and methodology remains unparalleled.
The main aim of Ayurveda is to prevent diseases and promote health while maintaining overall fitness and wellness. To promote the Ayurvedic methods, techniques and approaches, ministry of AYUSH tweeted a picture of different events to celebrate the National Ayurveda Day. They also wrote a caption around it which says “presenting the schedule of events for the Ayurveda day, 2019, organized by All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi- an opportunity to share knowledge, become inspired and connect with like-minded people.” On this 4th Ayurveda day, they are planning various activities like:
- Run for Ayurveda
- AYUSH/Cultural Fest
- Hospital related activities
- Strengthening of existing programmes
Significance and Motive
The series of activities are going to be organised on 25th October on the auspicious occasion of Dhanvantari Jayanti. Lord Dhanvantari is reflected as a divine propagator of Ayurveda and is convened with the virtues of yielding health and wealth. Therefore, this day is preferably apt for the celebration of Ayurveda Day. This day not only makes people aware of this system of medicine but also make it centre stage from the cornerstone by telling us the importance of this kind of medication.
Having been around for more than thousands of years, the central focal of Ayurveda is to focus on the emotional, physical and mental path of life. There are many beliefs that Ayurveda swear by and one such is that the food is the chief leading element in the human body which can make or break the overall wellbeing of the human body. As the literal meaning of the word is ‘Ayur’- Life and ‘Veda’- Science i.e. ‘The Wisdom of Life’, the word has proved its meaning and wellness science accurate in every phase.
Essence of Ayurveda
- Fostering method towards healthiness: Ayurveda is all about making people understand that being healthy is your natural state and if you and your surroundings are balanced, then nothing like bad health comes your way. It understands the importance of optimum health that comes from day-to-day processes. For example, if you are anxious or depressed there are chances that you may be suffering from health issues like constipation or lethargy. Every problem is merely a matter of being out of balance to your lifestyle. Understand where you are lacking behind and cope up with that process will definitely lead to a happy and healthier life.
- Betterment at a cellular level: Various researches have shown that Ayurveda can help a person to develop on a cellular level. Ayurveda holds the potential to regenerating cells that show us all that we all have the internal power to heal and we do not need anything fancy other than food that claims to be a life-changer. Just stick to the good and healthy food and practice yoga and medium intensity exercises and nothing can come in between you and healthy life.
- Reduces stress and promotes well-being: By understanding the importance of exercises and incorporating it in our day to day schedule, Ayurveda helps to cope up with the stress while boosting the mood and overall well-being. Ayurveda focuses on eating healthy food that helps in finding the clarity in your body and mind.
Having said that healthiness comes from within and Ayurveda is one such aspect that takes you closer towards the self-built betterment. If you are eyeing on bringing eternal modifications in your body, health or even your life then Ayurveda is just the accurate thing for you! With strong guidelines and tactics that have been proved true over the centuries, it will definitely bring proper alterations to every aspect of your life.
With various activities framed by AYUSH, we wish they actively engage awareness about the Ayurveda among people.