In our made-up world, working from home is perfect and gives no stress at all, right? No commuting and the comfortability of home look appealing and tempting! Isn’t it? Somehow, though, it doesn’t go as planned and can create more stress, anxiety and strain while decreasing the productivity. Be it lack of structure, distractions, lack of focus- there are a lot of factors that can give stress and drain out your energy levels while working from home. So, we bring you some tips that will definitely help you in boosting productivity while lowering down the stress and anxiety.
- Set a schedule: When we are working from home, we all go in that polar bear zone and become lazy and slothful. Yes, it is the main culprit of the stress. Being comfortable is okay but scheduling your work just like you do in the office is the way to go. Distractions will find its way if you don’t have any specific roadmap to complete your tasks. You can use calendars, apps, to-do lists, reminders, planners to organise your work in a great way. Always keep in mind that it works when you can work best.
- Snack wisely: Consuming fried and packaged foods often lead to bad health, passiveness and a lot of weight gain (if you do not involve in some physical exercises). Instead of chewing these junkies, you can add a handful of nuts and seeds which can give a great boost to your memory, stress levels and ultimately to productivity. Just swap your food with healthier ones and you will notice the results in your productivity. Similarly, you can add stir fry veggies, fruits, smoothies and vegetable salad in your snacking menu to get the maximum health benefits.
- Take water bottle filling breaks: Sitting at the same place for a longer period of time can make you dull and boring which can affect your productivity. Going and filling up your water bottle is a great way to give relaxation to your mind. Also, consuming water can make you healthy and rejuvenate your vibes. Make sure you consume 2-3 litres of water every day (definitely give you 4-5 small breaks during your work and enhance your productivity while revitalising your mood).
- Keep your eating window short: Shortening the consumption of food and maintaining a proper portion control won’t make you sleepy and it also reduces the risk of various types of health ailments like obesity, high cholesterol levels and inflammations. Various researches said that a filled stomach makes the person passive and leads to sleepiness and grumpiness which can affect productivity. Smaller meals at regular intervals can make you active and boost your energy levels as well.
- Utilise the lunch breaks wisely: Spending your lunch breaks wisely means you can chit-chat with your friends virtually, invest your time in some indoor games or go on terrace to inhale fresh air rather than just sitting at one place and moving your fingers for surfing. This is a great way to boost productivity and to combat the stress levels.
So, say bye-bye to negative thoughts and stress by following these pointers while working from home. These pointers will help you in staying productive without suffering your mental health and well-being. Small changes can make a big difference!
We wish you a happy and productive working at the comfort of your home!