Amitabh Bachchan, a name that needs no introduction- the larger than life megastar is celebrating his 77th birthday today. Amitabh means ‘the light that will never die’. Amitabh Bachchan was born as Inquiliab Srivastava on 11th October 1942 in Allahabad (present-day Pryagraj).
It was the era of the 70s when Amitabh Bachchan’s magic flooded on the big screen. He portrayed some ground-breaking characters on screen with his unmatched persona, heavy voice and a grounded attitude. He soon became the heartthrob of the nation and has been
ruling the Indian Cinema ever since. Standing at 6’2” tall, this humble gentleman has achieved sky-high love and praises from all over the world. Also known as Big B, he is one of those actors who has reinvented his personality over time and can still give a tough competition to many newcomers. He has earned so much of respect from millions of people and that is a prominent reason his birthday is extremely special- not just for his family, but the entire nation and many parts in the world.
The Health Journey of Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan has had his fair share of struggles with many health problems. He sustained severe injuries due to an accident on the sets of his movie ‘Coolie’ in 1982. He has admitted in front of media in 2015 that he is surviving only on 25% of his liver. He is tuberculosis and Hepatitis B survivor- all this because of a bad blood infusion, something which he got to know about only after 20 years when 75% of his liver was already damaged.
This is the reason why he always urges people to get themselves diagnosed routinely. He is certainly the strongest of the survivors and has always given his health and wellness a top priority.
Let’s take a sneak peek into what his dietary routine and fitness regimen looks like:
- Amitabh Bachchan at times has a glass of milk and anda bhurji (scrambled eggs) with no chilies for breakfast.
- Tea, coffee, alcohol, and any aerated drinks are a strict no-no for him. He is a complete teetotaller.
- His regular breakfast consists of beans sprouts, occasionally he likes to have milk or yogurt or some hard-boiled eggs.
- Amitabh Bachchan gave up eating meat somewhere in 2002. To make the vegetarian meals exciting, he instructs his staff to cook recipes from different states of India.
- He used to be very fond of jalebis, but now he has completely even given up on Indian sweets. Not just Indian sweets, Big B even refrain from the temptation of pastries and cakes.
- When it comes to dinner, he prefers to keep it light. For dinner, Big B usually goes with only soup.
- Amitabh had confessed that while living in Kolkata he used to be a chain smoker, but after coming to Mumbai he bid adieu to the bad habit. We all can take inspiration from him.
Even at the age of 77, Amitabh Bachchan looks remarkably vibrant. It is an age-old saying that ‘Age is just a number’ and this legend has proved this statement true in every sense. The Indian actor has managed to be remarkably vibrant with great physical fitness. Amitabh Bachchan never skips his works out sessions and regularly manages to do it without any fail or delays. For the maintenance of his body, he always sticks to his mantra and performs a combination of cardiovascular exercises, resistance training, core strengthening and flexibility exercises with various yoga postures and pranayama. He wakes up around 5:30 AM and goes for a routine morning walk, followed by some cardio exercises. He also believes that at his age, the body especially needs resistance training because it helps in strengthening the bones and muscles.
Amitabh Bachchan’s contribution towards the Indian Film industry is phenomenal and the actor is a huge inspiration for many. We wish him all the health and prosperity on his 77th birthday and for many years to come.