We all know the health benefits of green and yellow bananas and probably enjoyed them a lot in various dishes but this new blue banana has gained a lot of momentum in recent years. Blue java banana tastes exactly like vanilla ice cream and is basically grown in Southeast Asia. Their unique texture and incredible flavour make them the hottest topic on almost every social site. In addition to the unique flavour, blue bananas are known for their blue-tinted peel and creamy white flesh. The blue-tinted peel slowly fades out as these bananas mature.
Blue java bananas consist of natural compounds in their flesh which is the reason for their unique vanilla ice-cream flavour. The soft and creamier texture of these bananas makes it a popular dessert in various parts of the country. Blue java banana is a perfect substitute for sugary loaded ice-creams. Because of the distinctive taste, creamy texture and consistency, java bananas can easily be utilised in smoothies, dessert or can be used in making low-calorie ice-creams.
Just like the other varieties of bananas, blue bananas offer a wide variety of nutrients. One medium blue banana holds:
- Calories: 105
- Protein: 1.5 grams
- Carbs: 27 grams
- Fat: 0.5 grams
- Fibre: 3 grams
- Vitamin B6: 26% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Manganese: 14% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Vitamin C: 11% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Copper: 10% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Potassium: 9% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Pantothenic acid: 8% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Magnesium: 8% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Riboflavin: 7% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Folate: 6% of the Daily Recommended Value
- Niacin: 5% of the Daily Recommended Value
Health benefits of blue bananas
Consuming blue bananas offers a wide variety of heart-healthy nutrients and thus provide plentiful health benefits. Here are some health benefits of adding blue bananas to your diet.
- Aid in weight loss: Blue bananas are a great source of fibre and other essential nutrients and therefore they promote feelings of fullness and reduce the hunger pangs which assist in weight loss. Also, blue bananas can become a low-calorie healthy alternative to various snacking options like ice-creams and custard.
- Support digestive health: Being a good source of fibre, blue java bananas are well known to boost digestive health. It helps in decreasing the risk of digestive issues like constipation haemorrhoids, stomach ulcers, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Decrease cell damage: Blue java bananas are rich in antioxidants which help in boosting immunity while protecting against cell damage.
Different ways to enjoy blue bananas
Blue bananas can be used as a healthy and convenient snack while going out. You can also eat them before your workout to get high energy levels. Here are some easy ways to enjoy blue bananas.
Use them as a topping over oatmeal, yoghurt or cereal
Blue java bananas are a great way to get the essential nutrients. Due to the unique flavour of blue bananas, these can easily curb your sweet cravings and work perfectly as your snack partner. Do incorporate it into your balanced diet to enjoy all the crucial vitamins and minerals.