Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, staying thin, starve or depriving yourself from the foods you love. It’s all about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, and boosting your mood.
Eating healthy shouldn’t be complicated. An approach to make a few changes in the dietcan help in various ways:
- Making the right changes – Cutting back the unhealthy foods and opting for healthy alternatives, such as replacing unhealthy fats to healthy fats (replacing fried chicken to grilled salmon).
- Prepare your own meals – Home-cooked foods are healthy and fresh, without added preservatives or chemicals as compare to the outside foods.
- Maintain your portion size – Too much food or lack of food both have their consequences, thus sufficient or portion size needs to be checked.
- Small and frequent meals – Small and frequent meals are beneficial for proper digestion, avoids hogging on to extra food thereby keeping the weight in check.
- Add more fruits & vegetables in the diet – Fruits are low in calories and have immense amount of nutrients, they are infact the pack of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre.
Exercise – Apart from healthy food or diet, physical exercise counts and helps in keeping alive and kicking.
Talking about fitness and healthy eating, Akshay Kumar, to one of the the fittest Bollywood celebrities, a martial art expert and the Khiladi of Bollywood, to whom staying healthy is the way of life. He believes that nothing is better that the goodnight’s rest and an early morning start and a balanced diet.
On this note, lets discuss the Khiladi’s healthy and fit life.
Akshay Kumar – (Be your own master like Akshay)
Akshay Kumar, a versatile actor who is not a very social, party-lover kind of a person, unlike the fun characters seen on the screen. He not only stays away from alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine, but also starts up his day at 5 am in the morning, does yoga and other cardio exercises and prefers to run to the places as much as he can.
To one of the fittest and most disciplined actors in the industry at his age, Akshay Kumar is one big idol for most public. His way to see and live life defines him. And, when it comes to diet, he believes in having a balanced one and is not the biggest fan of health supplements. In short, discipline is one word that he starts and ends his day with.
Akshay Kumar’s dietary regime includes:
- Breakfast– Paranthas andGlass of Milk. (Heaviest & indulging meal for him)
- Mid-day– Fruits, dry fruits, mixed veggies etc. (For a healthy, filling and nourishing meal)
- Lunch-Roti, dal,a cup of vegetables, dahi with some boiled/steamed chicken.
- Dinner (dinner before 8) -Soups and veggies. (Light & healthy)
Along with maintaining a healthy diet pattern, the actor focuses on taking 7-8 hours for sleeping and believes that good and a sound sleep is required for one’s health. Also, an important thing that he does is to sleep after 2 hours from his last meal, as it helps the dinner to get properly digested.
Over To You:
To conclude, eating healthy is not the key for good health, it requires efficient physical activities, dedication towards oneself in all respect and last but not the least discipline to whatever one do in order to stay fit and fine.