Having a sore throat is an uncomfortable feeling that mostly signals upcoming cold. It is among one of the most common health ailments and is typically caused by infections including cold and flu and contributes to pain, itchiness and irritation in throat. It may get worse when trying to swallow food and liquids. Sore throat is a general term for any condition where you feel pain in throat, which is usually caused by bacteria or viral infection. The mild discomfort and burning sensation can even make it difficult to talk and prevent from getting a good night sleep.
Another reason for the painful throat is when the immune system reacts to some allergy and bacterial infection increases. Other common causes are cold, flu and viral infections. It might need medical intervention in some cases, but fortunately there are a few home remedies to soothe the pain and irritation. This helps relief the severity and the causes attached to it. For instant results follow the quick remedies to release the ache and discomfort.
- Honey and ginger: Due to its anti-bacterial properties, honey is one of the best remedies for the sore throat. It acts like an immediate wound healer and also reduces inflammation. Being an effective household remedy it is effective in taming cough and pain. Ginger has a spicy flavor that works brilliantly as a sore throat remedy. Its anti-inflammatory properties help kill bacteria. Combine a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of ginger juice and swallow as it can fight viral infections.
- Salt water: Though an old fashioned remedy, salt water gargle is quick and effective sore throat relief. It is a mild antiseptic and also helps reduce swelling. The salty solution rinses away the acid from the throat. Make a saltwater solution with a half teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water. Gargle it to clean the throat and reduce the pain.
- Clove tea: Cloves have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that helps soothe and heal sore throat. It fights against infections while providing relief. Add a teaspoon of potent spice in a glass of water and gargle to heal sore throat.
- Licorice root: Licorice herb treats a variety of ailments and is also effective in soothing a sore throat. Use the licorice and water solution to gargle and cure throat pain and swelling.
- Wheatgrass juice: Wheatgrass is the freshly sprouted leaves of the common wheat plant and wheatgrass juice is another good natural remedy for sore throat. Rinse, gargle and spit the chlorophyll rich liquid, which helps fight bacteria build up in the swollen area and also helps ease the pain.
Common throat pain may to go away with time, but increased discomfort in the throat makes it difficult to even swallow food at that moment. The irritable condition in the throat can easily be treated using above mentioned easy home remedies and tips that help soothe sore throat.