We are here with our next Weekly FAQ Series on the basis of our constant viewer’s questions and user queries. In this series, we present answers to the frequently asked question over our various social media channels.
Hope this weekly questions and answers series will help sort your concerns related to health. To ask more about health, nutrition and food you can comment down below at the end of this FAQ post or reach to us on any of our social media network.
How to lose post-pregnancy weight?
Weight gain after pregnancy is obvious but increased weight is associated with many health problems. So, it becomes important to reduce weight till an optimum extent. Following tips will help you to lose post pregnancy weight.
- Breakfast should not be skipped.
- Include protein and fiber-rich foods such as oats, beans specially soybean, lentils, grains, seeds and green leafy vegetables in your meals.
- If you want to eat bread or pasta, then go for whole grained food items.
- Try to avoid processed foods and junk foods such as fast food, sweets, cakes, biscuits, pastries and fizzy drinks since they are loaded with added sugar and salt which leads to weight gain.
- Do few exercises, it will help to reduce weight appropriately. Exercise should be done at a convenient time for better results.
Note: Lactating your baby for the age of 6 months minimum also helps in shedding off excess pregnancy weight and it’s good for your baby too!
How to keep lungs healthy with diet?
To combat from respiratory problems it is important to maintain lungs healthy. We can maintain our lungs healthy by eating a healthy diet.
- Drink water: Water is important for healthy lungs. Dry lungs will cause irritation that will lead to respiratory problems. One must drink seven to eight glasses of water depending on its body’s composition.
- Fatty-fish: Fatty-fish like salmon and trout are associated with lungs health as they are contained with high levels of omega-3-fatty acids.
- Broccoli: Broccoli comprises of anti-oxidants which helps immune system to clean harmful bacteria from lungs.
- Citrus fruits and apples: In a research it was found that good lung health functioning is associated with high intakes of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E, which we can get from apples and citrus fruits like oranges and lemons .
- Walnuts: Eating a handful of walnuts daily will help your lungs to fight against asthma and other respiratory ailments. This is because they are contained with omega-3-fatty acids.
Why re-heating rice is harmful?
Rice has spores of bacteria called as Bacillus cereus. These spores left behind when the rice is cooked that means they are heat resistant. If rice is kept for longer at room temperature the spores will multiply and reheating will cause food poisoning that further leads to vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea or even severe complications.Wash hands well before cooking, cook them on high temperatures (keep it out of temperatures between 40o F and 140o F – where bacteria grows rapidly) and cool the rice immediately after preparation, these measures will help to reduce the risk of food-poisoning and associated symptoms. Do not consume rice when reheated, as much as possible.
The questions followed in Weekly FAQ Series are all the compilation of our viewers/followers questions and lately customized to portray in the question and answers series accordingly. The presented content offer/provide the generic advice/information only. We do not suggest/recommend the listed answers to substitute with any qualified medical prescription and opinion. Request you to always consult a doctor or specialist in extreme cases and illness.