There is a famous adage “health is wealth” and this phrase speaks for itself and there’s no debate about it. Today we see people with a busy lifestyle and often modern lifestyle takes a toll on the health. The number of individuals with lifestyle diseases like diabetes, atherosclerosis, heart diseases and obesity are increasing day by day.
Individuals are often seen making resolutions to follow a diet chart or following a workout schedule but at the end nothing productive comes out because they give up before even trying. So, one needs to devote themselves and should start making realistic commitments to achieve their optimal health. Hence, there’s an ardent need for embracing a healthy lifestyle to ensure overall wellbeing.
Here we bring to you some tips and guidelines which you can abide by to accomplish a healthy living.
- Include variety in your diet: One needs to understand that for optimal health an individual requires more than 40 nutrients and no single food contains all nutrients at one go. So, include plenty of different food options in your diet and over time it’s a balanced food choice that will make a difference. Like if you had a high fat lunch then you can balance it by having a low-fat dinner.
- Use unsaturated fat over saturated fat: One need to understand that there are two types of fat one which is essential for humans and other which is harmful and among that saturated fat increase the amount of cholesterol in the blood which leads to development of many heart diseases. So, go for unsaturated fats like vegetable oils, avocadoes, walnuts, and flaxseeds, dairy, salmon. Limit consumption of foods like cakes, cheese, cream, fatty cuts of meat and sausages.
- Cut down on sugars: Consumption of sweet drinks or sugary food items like fizzy drinks, cakes, chocolates, puddings, can add onto your calorie intake and increase the risk of obesity and tooth decay. Sugars provide with empty calories and has no nutritional value to provide. So, cut down on items having high sugar contents rather go for natural sugar sources from fruits and milk.
- Use less of salt: Eating too much salt can lead to the risk of high blood pressure which can further lead to many heart diseases or stroke. Salt consumption should be limited to 1 teaspoon per day.
- Exercise: Apart from eating healthy indulging in regular exercise and activity is also necessary as being active helps in metabolism, decreases risks of serious health conditions.
- Eat loads of fruits and veggies: Fruits and vegetables should be consumed daily and variety of them should be included in your diet. They promote optimal health and keeps many deficiency diseases at bay by providing you with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is extremely essential to health as less water consumption can lead to dehydration which further leads to many ailments related to digestive system. So, include as many liquid alternatives like smoothies, coconut water, buttermilk and low-fat dairy.
Over to you
On your priority list the health should be at top, as health can’t be taken for granted and one should consider these tips and guidelines provided here to achieve optimal health.