Adopting a healthy diet plan is an integral part of overall health promotion strategy and a healthy diet must provide you with plenty of nutrients and protein and limits fat, sugar and cholesterol. And this is one such recipe which will provide you with necessary fuel to maintain a proper fitness regimen.
The main ingredients of this recipe are chickpeas, red lentil, and coconut milk. All of them are extremely beneficial for our health. Chickpeas and lentils are high in protein and also a great source of mineral, fiber, and vitamins while providing great nutty and grainy texture to the recipe. Coconut milk provides us with significant amount of saturated fatty acids called lauric acid which has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)=20g
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ inch ginger (grated)
- chickpeas (soaked overnight)=20g
- split red lentils=15g
- unsweetened coconut milk=20ml
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp raisins (to garnish)
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and sauté onion, ginger and garlic in it.
- Add turmeric powder, curry powder, and red chili powder into it while stirring continuously.
- Add chickpeas and 3 cups of water to it while seasoning with a pinch of salt.
- Now cover the lid and on a slow flame let it cook for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- After this add lentil and coconut milk to pot and season with more salt.
- Now cook this for about another 30 to 35 minutes and add lemon juice into it.
- Prepare the tempering for this soup by pouring 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a different pan.
- When the oil gets hot, add mustard seeds to it and when they start popping out pour it over our prepared soup.
- Serve hot while garnishing it with few raisins and coriander leaves.
Over to You:
It is very important to add those recipes in your meal plan, which not just taste good but also provide you with goodness of protein, carb and minerals and this recipe totally serves this purpose. Hence, this protein rich recipe is worth adding to your meal plan.