This recipe is the best way to include beetroots in your diet! Combining them with moong dal makes it more delectable and delicious. Adding a lentil to already nutritious beetroot adds to the nutrient factor. A perfect accompaniment to your chapatti or rice, this dish will leave your taste buds more satisfied. So, grab a pan and start preparing this delicious meal!
Beetroot provides good amount of carbs, such as glucose and fructose. It is also rich in fibres. It provides many vitamins and minerals like folate, iron and vitamin C. It comes with various health benefits as it helps in lowering blood pressure and helps in increasing stamina. Mung beans or moong dal contain antioxidants like flavonoids which reduce the risks of heart problems, cancer and also neutralises harmful free radicals in the body. Zucchini is high in fibres and promotes weight loss and eases digestion.
- 20 gm beetroot medium sized (grated)
- 10 gm zucchini (sliced)
- 30 gm moong dal (soaked)
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 green chilli (slit)
- 1 spring of curry leaves
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Course: Snack Time
Calories: 78 Kcal
Proteins: 3.2 gm
Fats: 3.2 gm
Carbs: 8.6 gm
- Wash moong dal and soak it for 1-2 hours. Drain the water from dal completely.
- Heat a pan with olive oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin, ginger-garlic paste, chana dal, urad dal, chilli and curry leaves. Sauté until the dal gets golden.
- Add hing, grated beetroot, zucchini, soaked dal and turmeric. Add small amount of water. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt and stir. Cover and cook until dal turns soft.
- Turn off the stove when the dal is cooked completely.
- Add coriander leaves if desired.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
This dish is perfect for your dinner and even a perfect accompaniment to chapatti or plain rice. Super easy to prepare and too good to refuse, this dish is an absolute must-try. You can add some vegetables as per your likings.