Lentil and egg are a good source of protein which is worthy for infant’s development. Eggs should be included in infants’ diet at an early stage as they have countless nutritional values to offer. This puree will serve your infant with loads of nutrients and will keep you worry free.
Egg is an excellent source of protein. Proteins are the building block which helps young body for cell generation, it also contains choline which is important for brain development and also has vitamin-D, Omega-3 fatty acids, and essential amino acids in abundance. Green lentil is a good source of folate, iron, and proteins and also contains polyphenols which are nutrient rich.
- 25 grams sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30 grams soaked green lentil
- 20 grams chopped tomatoes
- 50 milliliters vegetable stock
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
Calories- 267 kcal
Carbs- 25.9 grams
Protein- 14.9 grams
Fats- 11.6 grams
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add sweet potato and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the green lentils, tomatoes and vegetable stock. Cover with a lid and simmer for few minutes until it’s cooked properly.
- Put the egg into a small saucepan, add cold water and cover it. Boil rapidly for 3 minutes.
- Cool the egg and peel it. Then, slice it into quarters. The yolk should be runny.
- Add the egg to the lentils and blend to a smooth consistency.
Over to you
Lentil and egg puree have truckloads of nutrients which are essential for infants better growth and development. So, make this puree for your infant’s optimised health.