When it comes to biryani there are several variants and among them Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani is an authentic biryani recipe which is colourful, variant and high on health. This delight can be prepared by using easily available ingredients at home. This dish will add to your festive vibes in true sense!
Mutton is a good source of niacin, iron, phosphorus and zinc. Also, a good source of proteins, which help in building body tissues and muscles. Another ingredient, rice is rich in carbohydrates and saffron is loaded with minerals like calcium, copper, potassium and magnesium and also has antioxidant properties. So, this dish accounts for a healthy pick.
- 60 grams mutton
- 60-gram brown rice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 large sliced onion
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 1 pinch turmeric
- Few coriander leaves
- Salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- few mint leaves
- 5 grams cashews
- 1 pinch saffron
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
Calories- 272 kcal
Carbs- 15.3 grams
Protein- 14.5 grams
Fats- 16.9 grams
- Wash and drain the mutton under cold running water then dry it completely and add salt, curd, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder and mix well
- Put the above mixture in a clean film plastic bag and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Take a pan and cook rice with salt and oil till its half cooked then keep it aside.
- Take thinly sliced onions and fry them until golden brown.
- Add1/3 of the fried onions to the mutton marinating and keep the remaining aside.
- Now in a handi (deep pan), at the bottom, add the marinated mutton and top it with half cooked rice. Now, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, and top it up with fried onions.
- Take a small bowl and add some warm milk to soak the saffron, wait for few minutes then add it to the handi. This will make your biryani more flavoursome and aromatic.
Over to you
Mutton biryani is widely eaten and this variation of biryani will add a unique twist to your taste buds along with your health. Try this easy biryani recipe and serve health and taste on same platter to your guests this festive season.