There are numerous foods like veggies, nuts and various grains that can help you in reducing calorie intake and provide you with all the nutritional benefits. While making food choices, remember to consider low-calorie and vitamins and minerals rich food products.
Try to make this easy and guilt- free quinoa soup recipe that is packed with veggies and tastes great.
Quinoa is loved by health conscious people as it is rich macro and micro nutrients that in a good way affect human health. It has high protein content and contains all essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants. Quinoa is rich in fiber and hence it keeps you full and satisfied throughout the day.
- 10 g onion chopped
- 10 g cup chopped tomatoes
- 10 g shredded cabbage
- 1-2 clove garlic minced
- 10 g cup diced carrot
- 10 g coriander
- 5 g dried basil
- 15 g soaked quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch dried thyme (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper – as per taste
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp oil
Calories: 91. 7 Kcal
Protein: 2.24 g
Carb: 7.51 g
Fat: 5.89 g
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once oil is hot add onion, garlic, carrot, celery in it and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once veggies are done, basil, bay leaf, thyme, tomatoes and water to it andbring this to boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it boil for 10 minutes. Add cabbage, quinoa, salt and pepper to soup and stir well.
- Cover it until quinoa is tender and cooked for about 30 minutes or so. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Over to You:
Enjoy this healthy and hearty soup with lots of veggies. This recipe is perfect to satiate your hunger pangs as quinoa adds protein to this soup and will keep you satisfied and best for those who always thinks of skipping food to achieve weight loss.