If you find yoga and going to gym too boring than this article is the one for you!
Everyday workout can get a bit boring and repetitive, but here is an alternative that has really been really fun as well as a big calorie-burner. Aerobic exercise, popularly known as cardio-aerobics is a type of moderate-intensity physical activity that you can sustain for intervals of just a few minutes while your heart, lungs, and muscles work overtime. ‘Aerobic’ means in presence of oxygen. This physical exercise of low to high intensity depends primarily on the aerobic energy-generating process. The exercise aims at improving cardiorespiratory fitness and health.
Aerobics involves lot of movements and exercises of various intensities. It helps in getting rid of stubborn fat and strengthens the core.
The average healthy adult inhales and exhales about 7 to 8 litres of air per minute. Heartbeats approximately 60-80 times per minute and 100,000 times a day, more than 30 million times per year, and about 2.5 billion times in a 70-year lifetime!
Burn it Out
The difference between carbs and fat is that fat contains 9 calories per gram whereas carbohydrate has only 4 calories per grams but the catch is you need more oxygen to burn fat because it’s denser than carbohydrate. The good part is body gets better at using oxygen and burning fat when a person does regular aerobic exercise. Heart pumps more blood and muscles consume more oxygen, and so body has more mitochondria (powerhouse of cell).
Activities that come under aerobics are as follows:
- Brisk walking
- Cardio machines
- Aerobics classes
- Cross country skiing
The most popular form of Aerobic Exercise is Dance Aerobics, done in a manner of beats- per-minute steps. Step- Aerobics is another popular variant of this in which an aerobic stepper is used to increase intensity and multiply the benefits.
- Doing aerobics exercise not only helps your cardiovascular health but also helps
deliver oxygen to your body more efficiently
- Since aerobic exercises use large muscle groups, they consequently lead to weight
- Reduces the risk of mental health issues like anxiety, depression and stress.
- Once your blood starts pumping due to exercise, your body automatically releases
happy hormones which lead to better mood.
- Practising aerobics helps in boosting blood circulation.
- Reduces body fat and hence, lead to weight loss.
- Helps reduce tension and anxiety therefore, automatically improves sleep.
- Increases endurance and even helps in building a strong body.
- Helps reduce risk of diabetes.
Make sure you wear the right gear:
- Wear footwear specifically designed for aerobics. Good forefoot cushioning are
important features of an aerobics shoe.
- Choose clothing that fits well and has good moisture transfer properties.
- Individual fit is very important and varies from type of body shape. Consider a
sports bra to improve comfort.
Wish to lose weight but can’t find the right exercise? You can try aerobics at home or at the gym and remember, always talk to the fitness expert before beginning a new aerobic exercise routine. Aerobic exercises are easy to follow, quickest in application and not all of them require equipment.