Manushi Chhillar has made our nation proud by winning the Miss World Pageant and by shining her infectious light and smile across the world. We designed the 15-day diet and fitness challenge for Manushi Chhillar prior to her pageant that included holistic lifestyle and diet changes which aid our bodies not only to get fitter but work comprehensively to promote high energy levels and keeps the stress at bay. Manushi’s radiant glow is because she aced all the challenges with no sweat, actually a little sweat but the results were worth it. Right?
- No Refined Sugar: Cutting out sugar gives you a clearer & glowing skin. It also rids you from empty calories and the risk of weight gain. Alternatives for refined sugar are dates or khajur, jaggery or brown sugar. Substitute this for your regular sugar and maintain a svelte figure like Manushi.
- Dieting Out: Does ‘dieting out’ sound nearly impossible? Well, it’s not. Try out these easy peasy tips to have your own healthy take on dining out. Double your usual veggie intake & go for a light, non-fat entree. Absolutely, skip cocktails. Just opt for basics.
- 50 Jumping Jacks: This should be no big deal for you right? Go on, try doing 50 Jumping jacks and get your heart racing. The best part is you don’t need to go to the gym to get your cardio on!
- Beauty With Brains: Surprised by this one? Keeping your brain alert is as important as keeping your body fit. Benefits of reading regularly include calmer nerves, enhanced concentration and retention. Ready to pace through this one?
- Super Hydrated: This is a no-brainer really, but the only one thing that most people forget. I can’t stress enough how hydration does wonders for your skin, body, hair and nails. Drink at least 3 litres of water to regulate blood pressure & promote heart and joint health.
- Sunrise Selfie: Get your full dose of Vitamin D and try to soak in some sun everyday. Vitamin D helps in lowering your cholesterol and builds immunity and helps in calcium absorption.
- No Screen Sleep: Restrain yourself from using your laptop or phone at least 2 hours before you sleep. This helps promote the production of Melatonin, the sleep hormone. It also reduces fatigue and provides relief in insomnia.
- Sleep Debt Covered: Remember the last time you slept soundly for 8 hours? Not getting enough sleep can have adverse effects on your body whereas sleeping your full quota of 8 hours every night curbs inflammation, & lowers the risk of stroke & diabetes. It also helps maintain a healthy weight and uplifts your mood.
- Healthy Snacking: Not just today but make this challenges a habit. Instead of stuffing your face with chips, snack healthy with nuts, fruits, & seeds. These not only help in controlling your weight but also re-energize your body.
- No Junk Food: If you think the others were difficult challenges, this one will test your willpower. NO-JUNK-FOOD! There, I said it. Junk food will undo anything that’s going well for your body and skin. Avoiding junk food has manifold benefits that include optimum nutrition, and no weight gain.
- Just Keep Moving: Do you know what 30 minutes of leisurely walk every day could do for you? Here’s the answer. Regular physical activity promotes stronger bones, muscles, and joints by reducing the risk of osteoporosis. Just 2.5-3 hours of physical activity per week is sufficient! Spread this throughout the week and you get 30 minutes of just “leisurely walking” each day. This seems easy, right? It’s great for your body; believe me and your favourite Manushi!
- Dine By 7:30: Early dinners and early sleeping can work wonders for your body and
energy levels. It is known to improve sleep quality and reduce fatigue. When we’re awake for longer periods, we tend to overeat. With this routine you can totally avoid overeating and weight gain. This one’s going to be hard but so worth it. Do it like Manushi.
- Smoothie Day: Swap all aerated, carbonated, unhealthy soft drinks with vegetable and fruit smoothies. A delicious yet highly nutritious smoothie provides the right fuel to body and helps curb cravings while elevating your mood.
- Fruit ‘n’ Meal: Have fruits of 3-4 colours in between your meals. This makes an ideal snack for in between meals. Fruits supply your body the necessary flavonoids and antioxidants for stronger immunity. They help lower the risk of stroke and hypertension. The best part is that fruits improve your vision, boost your skin and hair health.
- No Fried Food All fried and no steamed makes Jack a dull and lethargic boy! Steamed, boiled or lightly grilled veggies and protein are always a good option if you want better digestion and a fitter body, minus the flab.
Complete this 15-Day Challenge and notice the changes for yourself. Don’t forget to share your experiences and selfies with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
To get your personalized Diet Plan for Weight Gain or weight loss, you may get in touch with us.
Tag @NmamiLife, @ManushiChhilar and use the #RoadToMissWorld