Sex is a very natural need and an important aspect of our life, which should be lived healthily and happily. There are a lot of things that can be done to achieve a healthy and happy sexual life. One of the most important things that can be done is eating healthy. You can fall victim to a lack of libido at any point during your life. The dip in desire is more often a temporary glitch which can be safely resolved by re-evaluating our general health and adjusting lifestyle habits.
A lot of things affect your libido (a natural sexual desire) and unfortunately medicines play a role in that. A lot of anti- anxiety and depression pills, cancer treatment, opioids directly affect sex drives. Your mental and emotional issues are directly linked to your sexual desires. However, all of this can be helped in a very natural way by a specific diet.
- Fats Affect Nerve Transmission: Oily fish, eggs, nuts, seeds and flaxseeds give you essential fatty acids, omega-3 and natural oil. Oily fish gives you good-healthy fats and acts as anti-inflammatories and supports nerve transmission and neurotransmitter actions.
- Minerals Get Your Blood Rushing: Berries have a lot of vitamin C which boost your blood flow and support micro-circulation. Pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, red meat, chickpeas and spinach are rich in zinc which aids your blood flow. Zinc is particularly good for men’s fertility as it is vital for healthy sperms.
- Vitamin B Crushes Stress and Boosts Your Mood: Anxiety and stress directly affect your sexual activities, so avoid them and stay away from the medication and enhance your mood by trying foods such as pork, poultry, bread, whole grains, eggs and pulses. Also avoid medication and take B-complex instead.
- Vitamin D Primes Your Hormones for Stimulation: Vitamin D is a must have for our over-all health including immune system, blood pressure and even cholesterol. It also plays a very important role in our sexual drives. As deficiency of vitamin D lowers estrogen for women and testosterone levels for men.
- Alkaline Lowers Libido-Crushing Inflammation: Health issues affecting your libido? Fill up on green leafy vegetables to avoid it. Processed food like sugar and refined grains should be kept away to avoid crushing your libido, opt for an alkaline diet.
Over to You:
Stress, smoking, drinking, caffeine, alcohol, sugar, mint, cheese and pills should be completely avoided to keep a happy and healthy sex life. Improve your personal time by adding up these nutrients in your diet plan and it’ll help your overall health.