This bean salad is loaded with the goodness of beans and vegetables like broccoli, carrots and tomatoes. Flax seeds provide the additional nutrients to the salad. This salad is perfect for anti-cancer properties as it comes packed with all the ingredients required to prevent the harmful carcinogens. Have this at any time of your day or just before your meal.
Beans are good in fibre content which can help in preventing cancer causing agents. Broccoli, a cruciferous vegetable can help prevent colon cancer. It has sulforaphane which causes tumour cells to die. Carrots help in preventing the risk of prostate, lung and stomach cancer while tomatoes can help in lowering down the risk of prostate cancer due to the presence of lycopene. Flax seeds are known to possess lignans which are good for health and also help in fighting against cancer.
- 50g of rajma (boiled)
- 50g of black eyed peas (boiled)
- 20g of vegetables each (Broccoli, carrots, tomatoes)
- 7g of flax seeds
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Herbs like ginger, cayenne pepper and basil for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Calories: 145.7 grams
Protein: 7.4 grams
Fats: 4 grams
Carbs: 18.3 grams
- Soak rajma and black eyed peas overnight. Add them into a cooker, add water and a pinch of turmeric and keep it on a medium flame.
- After 3 whistles, check if the beans are boiled.
- Strain the water and add sliced vegetables into the beans and refrigerate them for good 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add olive oil and give it a toss. Add flax seeds, pinch of cinnamon and herbs.
- Top it off with some lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
This healthy salad recipe is ideal for anyone who is somewhere or the other suffering from cancer and even if you are not, its a perfect salad to go-for. Just throw the veggies into the boiled beans with a pinch of salt and some lemon juice topped with some herbs and you are good to go.