Satiate your taste-buds with this nutritious and palatable whole wheat paneer sandwich. Also, the best meal to surprise you kids with! Pack it in their lunch box or serve as a evening treat, happiness on their face guaranteed!
Paneer is rich in nutrients. It aids in digestion, strengthens bones and enhances biological functions. Whole wheat bread is a rich source of dietary fiber. Therefore, the scrumptious whole wheat paneer sandwich is a wholesome treat.
Calories- 263 Kcal
Carbs- 35.8 grams
Protein- 16.6 grams
Fats- 7.8 grams
- 2 bread slices- whole wheat bread
- 30 grams grated paneer
- 20 grams finely chopped tomato
- 30 grams fresh peas, boiled
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 green chili
- 1 tablespoon coriander/cilantro
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine ginger, garlic, peas, coriander, and green chili and grind them to make a coarse mixture
- In a bowl mix together grated paneer, chopped tomato, prepared paste, chopped spring onion greens, and salt. Toss them well.
- Take a slice of bread. Evenly spread 2 tsp of the stuffing on one side of the bread. Cover it with another slice. Gently press them together.
- Grease a skillet with oil and place the sandwich over it.
- Cook over medium flame till the lower part becomes crispy and turns golden brown.
- Cut it in half diagonally and serve warm with mint chutney.
Over to you
Trench white bread sandwich and switch to whole wheat paneer sandwich instead! This is not just filling but also gut friendly unlike white bread sandwich due refined flour used in it.