Whole wheat bread poha is a warm, stomach satisfying and perfect lunch recipe to cure hunger. The bread poha is a quick and appetizing and usually loved by everyone to take along in their meal box.
Whole wheat bread is rich in fiber, folate, vitamin b, and minerals like zinc, magnesium, iron, and manganese. The fiber-rich content in bread helps you feel fuller for longer. Fiber along with vitamin K and folate helps in lowering the risk of stroke. Using whole wheat bread instead of white bread reduces the risk of obesity.
Calories: 150 Kcal
Carbs: 25 gm
Protein: 5.1 gm
Fat: 2.2 gm
- Multigrain Bread- 2 slices
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- Pinch turmeric powder
- ½ cup bell peppers (red, yellow, green mixed)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- Cut the bread slices into small squares or cubes
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and mustard seeds till they start to splutter
- Now, add onion, tomato and bell peppers. Sauté for few minutes
- Cover and cook for few minutes till vegetables are tender. Add some water, if required. Add turmeric also at this step.
- Add bread cubes, mix gently and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot.
Over to You
Several more veggies can be added as per your choice. It is an easy and quick recipe. It is also a recipe you can choose to cook for several people in no time.