Healthy to your ordinary dahi vada! This healthy replacement is totally drool-worthy! Easy and quick to prepare, it makes for the perfect dessert recipe. All you need is a whole wheat bread and yogurt.
Whole wheat bread is packed with the goodness of fibers which helps in keeping the gut healthy. It is loaded with essential nutrients like iron, zinc and magnesium. Yogurt contains proteins and vitamins and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, vitamin B12 and B2. It is a good source of probiotics which helps in enhancing the immune system and aiding digestion.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 20 grams thick plain yogurt
- 10 ml low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Light sprinkles of coconut sugar
- 30 gm grated carrot
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
Calories: 172 Kcal
Proteins: 8.5 gm
Fats: 3.2 gm
- Beat yogurt with some salt and sugar into a smooth consistency. Keep aside.
- Remove crusts from the bread slices. Cut each of them into 4 squares.
- Dip each of the squares into low-fat milk and arrange it on a serving dish. Place 2 squares on each other. Cover the slices with beaten yogurt.
- Sprinkle some cumin powder, red chilli powder and some salt. Top it with grated carrots and coriander leaves.
- Ready to serve.
Over to you
Don’t leave your heart feeling bad when everyone around you is enjoying the sweet savouries of the festival. Go for this light and fulfilling snack which is easy and quick to prepare and will also help you get the nutrient fix.