International Yoga Day is just around the corner, and while Yoga is the best way to recharge and refresh your body- you also need a wholesome fulfilling meal to refuel your energy after an intense Yoga workout
Quinoa contains the plant compounds called Quercetin and Kaempferol that are powerful antioxidants helping to reduce the risk of many chronic illness. It is also rich in fibre leading to a healthy digestion. It is also a good source of complete vegetarian protein comprising of all 9 essential amino acids.
Walnuts are a rich source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which boosts brain health, excellent for skin health and also enhances the mood.
- Quinoa- 20 grams
- Walnuts – 10 grams
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved- 30 grams
- Onion- chopped, 20 grams
- Bell Peppers- 20 grams
- Pumpkin seeds- 10 grams
- Salt and Pepper – To taste
- Water, as required
Calories- 181 Kcal
Carbs- 19.4 grams
Protein- 7.5 grams
Fats- 10 grams
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan by adding some water. Keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients to it including quinoa.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to it. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds
- Mix well, and your salad is ready to be enjoyed
Over to you
This healthy vegan recipe is loaded with goodness of veggies and energy-dense quinoa. Indulge this relishing meal right after your Yoga workouts.